Faculty - History

1890 - Three-year course of Agronomic Studies created with within the Faculty of Philosophy of the Jagiellonian University in Krakow

1892 - Emil Godlewski appointed as Director of Studies

1911 - Agronomic Studies given its own promises - the building at al. Mickiewicza 21, currently known as the Collegium Godlewskiego

1923 - Agronomic Studies transformed into the Faculty of Agriculture of the Jagiellonian University

Durinng World War II, secret courses were taught in agronomics, headed by a temporary Dean Anatol Listowski

After the war, the Faculty resumed its activities, modifying its structure

1946 - Creation of the Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry of the Jagiellonian University

1953 - The Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry and the newly created Faculty of Animal Husbandry provide the basis for establishing the Agriclultural College in Krakow, an independent academic and teaching entity

1972 - The Agricultural College changes its status to an Academy of Agriculture and by the decree of the Council of Ministers dated 12/09/1978, it was named after Hugo Kołłątaj - the precursor of agricultural sciences in Poland

2002 - Due to a widening of its educational offer, the Faculty of Agriculture adopts its current name, the Faculty of Agriculture and Economics

2008 - The Academy of Agriculture is granted new status as the University of Agriculture in Krakow

University of Agriculture in Krakow
University of Agriculture in Krakow
Faculty of Agriculture and Economics
Aleja Mickiewicza 21
12 662 43 32
12 633 44 43
© 2020 University of Agriculture in Krakow.
Design: IT UAK